Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moodie Foodies


Look, I'm not a food expert, but I have eaten a lot of great food in a lot of great places. So I had to let you know about our latest find. On our last local trek to NYC, having just arrived back from South Korea, we were looking for a food thrill that would excite us out of the lull of jet lag. Hubby and I met at home and drove into the city. I was trying not to think of going through the Lincoln Tunnel because I was recuperating from a claustrophobic fit I threw in the DMZ's Secret tunnels between North and South Korea. I was traumatized, but singing old Jackson Fives songs got me from one end of the tunnel to the next without thinking about the Hudson being over head. Our journey took us to the West Village, our playground for shopping and long walks. We hadn't been out to eat there since The Spotted Pig opened a couple of years back or so, and pondering Eleven Madison Park and Marrow caused some contemplation. But there's no place like the village at dusk. We stepped into a boutique on Bleeker, and the golden ticket was inside the pocket of a Shelly Segal Puffy I tried on. SMILE... BETEL! A nasty little name, but oh so yummy. An Asian spin on rustic cult classics, just what the doctor ordered for these Pacific Ocean beaten thrill seekers. God has a sense of humor and great taste, He ordered our steps... I take no credit for this find. Duck, Rabbit, Quail, YayYY!!! All marinated and and sauteed with our favorite veggies, what a treat. They have an extensive small plate menu that leaves you wanting more, and then, and then, and then...But, whether we trek back to Jersey or stay the night, It was So Good!! You, Friends or your Babe, Betel is going to satisfy any Moodie Foodie.!

Betel on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. Sound worth checking out the next time Carl and I are in the city again.

    ReplyDelete